Neo Geo Crashes

Present yourself, make suggestions, tell what you think of the project, ask your general questions
SNK

Neo Geo Crashes

Post by SNK »

Hi,

everything is running fine but Neo geo crashes as soon as the game starts, not even the Neo geo opening screen appears. I am using the latest Retropie Version 4.2 - rpi1 - zero. I tried dozens of neogeo.zips containing various bios files and put the file in the Neo geo rims folder and I also tried putting it in the Neo geo bios folder. But nothing worked. Do I need to install the emulator manually. I didn't touch the Retropie ISO except putting the roms and the bios (neogeo.zip) to the according folders.

I also tried to extract the neogeo.zip and put in the rooms and in the bios folder. And restarted after each change.

All other emulators work perfectly.

Any idea what I can do? Can anybody point to the right bios (for example md5) or tell me what I'm missing?

Thanks in advance for any help!
Mejos

Re: Neo Geo Crashes

Post by Mejos »

In my case the Neo Geo Emulator is very picky when it comes to the bios. You might need to try another bios. Also for me it seemed that it helps when you put the Bios in the Bios folder and in the Rom folder itself. The Bios file that worked for me is 56KB in size.
SNK

Post by SNK »

Thank you, I've tried your bios (Cyber Up) but so far only one game is running. Which Retropie version are you using?
Mejos

Post by Mejos »

I use the latest Retropie Build on a Raspberry Pi 3 as i don't got my RaspiBoy yet.
SNK

Post by SNK »

Thank you!

Is there anybody who managed to get Neo Geo to run on the Raspiboy?
SNK

Post by SNK »

So, nobody runs Neo Geo on the raspiboy? :shock:
dh04000

Post by dh04000 »

OP, please being your software problems to the Retropie forum. They can help you better than we can.

Also keep in mind that arcade roms are not simple to use like console roms. Check your rom versions, you can't just download them from random sites. Your need the right version for your arcade emulator.

I have several neo geo games working just fine (I love the metal slug series) on the piFBA emulator.
wayn0r

Post by wayn0r »

I'be been using Neo Geo roms on my RPB, and I haven't had any issues yet.

Are you building your own Retropie library? You might want to try starting with a complete disk image that includes roms and then cutting out other things that don't work so well.
twitter/instagram: wayn0r
SNK

Post by SNK »

Thank you, got it working, it was the roms which were not compatible.