Future case revisions?

Present yourself, make suggestions, tell what you think of the project, ask your general questions
wayn0r

Future case revisions?

Post by wayn0r »

It would be great if there were future revisions to the case. I made this quick mock-up of what it would look like if the top half of the case looked like a North American SNES cartridge instead of the current nondescript design.
IMG_5171.JPG
IMG_5171.JPG (243.96 KiB) Viewed 5754 times
twitter/instagram: wayn0r
wayn0r

Re: Future case revisions?

Post by wayn0r »

Also, it would be great if a future revision to the case made it a lot harder for the shoulder bumpers to come out. They're really squishy, so you could even make the part that holds them in sort of tight, because then we could just pinch the bumpers in and never worry about them falling out.

A removeable door near where the micro sd card sits would be nice. I've had to open my case at least a dozen times trying to get everything working and it would be great if I had the ability to just pop a door open and get the sd out if I want to flash a new disk image onto it, or back up my current set-up.
Eizo

Post by Eizo »

Where the shoulder buttons are placed could be improved, I find them to be too far in / too close to the main body (not enough space between the shoulder buttons and the main body).

The weight distribution is off as well. With everything (especially the battery) being high up, the whole tilts heavily forward, combined with the "hidden" shoulder buttons it makes for an awkward experience.
wayn0r

Post by wayn0r »

Yeah, if the shoulder buttons were tilted at a more subtle angle that might be nice.
Allwen

Post by Allwen »

Also improve the closing of the case, mine doesn’t close completely