RaspiBoy2.0

Present yourself, make suggestions, tell what you think of the project, ask your general questions
schalk27

RaspiBoy2.0

Post by schalk27 »

Hi,
in general im very happy with my RaspiBoy but after a few Problems with the System and LR/Buttons (I had to reopen it for several Time because the Buttons didn’t work anymore… :evil: ), i realized how much I wish for some improvements.
Well for a first release it is a very good Product but with room for improvements for future Versions.
I listed here my TOP 3 Wishes for the RaspiBoy2.0, which I hope to see in some Time :D .
1. Preinstalled System on the SD Card or an Image of it on the Website for download (of course without ROMS)
2. A Slot in the Case for the SD Card for removing the Card without having to open the case again.
3. Battery Status LCD in Green/Orange/Red

What are your TOP 3 Wishes for the RaspiBoy2.0? Maybe our Ideas help Pierre to make this very good Product a Great one! :mrgreen:
greavous

Re: RaspiBoy2.0

Post by greavous »

I'm gonna have to rain on your parade straight away for number 1.
Part of the terms of the RetroPie license is that its not sold preinstalled so will never happen as Pierre seems to be keen to adhere to that rule. If its got a raspberry pi in it I always use this unwritten rule I made up, It's gonna require some manual input to get going as it's not a consumer product.

2 and 3 however are very good ideas I feel. Accessible SD would be nice for alot of people and if a future version of the Raspiboy PCB can have different colour leds for grading power, instead of the binary options of charged and low power, it would be much better.

My personal requests would be...

- Make the pin on the back of the shoulder buttons(that the silicone pad presses against) larger so less issues with that during installation.

- Battery lights on the PCB like you mentioned. The new PCB has play and charge but the leds are now mostly pointless.

- Different silicone pads for the controller. I've got some off ebay that seem to have solved my slightly clicky d pad. I think they are a touch thinner.

- Speaker, its mostly fine but is a bit white noisy and alot worse when I've got wifi dongle in. Havent used with bluetooth that much so not sure if that get interference as well.
fidiii

Post by fidiii »

For item #2, you can check out this mod (I'm not the author of this):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1KpB-ejikk
Pietze

Post by Pietze »

Maybe it's possible to get the RaspiBoy a little thiner. Compared to a SNES controller, it is quite thicker and I have small hands ;)
Telev

Post by Telev »

greavous wrote: - Different silicone pads for the controller. I've got some off ebay that seem to have solved my slightly clicky d pad. I think they are a touch thinner.
Can you link your siliconne replacement ?
greavous

Post by greavous »

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/391437197854

Not available anymore. I just picked the cheapest I could find at the time.