RetroStone is live on Kickstarter!

Present yourself, make suggestions, tell what you think of the project, ask your general questions
Admin
Administrateur du site

Post by Admin »

Hey guys,

Check it out here :
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/58 ... ng-console
Telev

Re: RetroStone is live on Kickstarter!

Post by Telev »

Hello,

Je ne sais quoi en penser...
Les boutons à l'arrière sont bizarrement placé.
De plus, d'après ce que dit Pierre, l'écran utilise une source composite. Et comme la vidéo du kickstater est de mauvaise qualité, on ne peut pas vraiment jugé de ce qu'on voit sur cet écran.
el_toro

Post by el_toro »

In my opinion there are some things you should consider to change, first as said before the back buttons, they really look bad, just another SNES alike button set but on the back of the device. Another thing i really don't like is the HDMI on the side instead of putting it on the top, it sure lacks ergonomics. And then why using the same screen size? make it bigger!!
Last thing... Why didn't you think about RB PI3b boards? there is a lot more support for PI than OrangePI boards...
Obviously those are my opinions, and you know better how to realize something like that.
greavous

Post by greavous »

Yeah the buttons on the back are the deal breaker for me as I said on the facebook page. If they were rotated 45 degrees so that left is on the left and right is on the right it would probably make a big difference. Doesn't need a massive redesign but having them like they are now is just odd and counter productive to basic controller formats having the R2 button above the R1 button.
He said there would be a vote on it by the backers but that means I may still get the current product so I'm out until that is a guarantee. Cant be paying and waiting for a product that isn't right in such a basic way so the Raspiboy survives for now.
Gizzmo

Post by Gizzmo »

Hi Pierre,
and again a nice project. This time I would like to support you on Kickstarter. But first I would like to see the performance of your prototype. Would it be possible? The thing is, I want to play N64 and PSP games. In your video, you say the H3 is stronger than the RP3. On my RP3 I'm currently playing "Ocarina of Time" but "Majoras Mask" is not working well. will it be better run on the RetroStone? What about the battery capacity? Can a "bigger battery" also be installed like on the RaspiBoy? The RaspiBoy was unable to play while the device was charging (first PCB version). Is this possible with the RetroStone?

Keep up the great work!

Gizz
Admin
Administrateur du site

Post by Admin »

@Greavous Yes buttons have been changed already :)
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/58 ... ts/2121945

@Gizzmo I am not sure what game it can or no run. I will try to find some time to try this game (as I own it)
Battery life is 4-5 hours. This is the lagest battery I could fit in there. With new buttons I think we'll be able to increase battery by 500 or 1000mAh ! (because they leave more place)