Hello! Present yourself here!

Present yourself, make suggestions, tell what you think of the project, ask your general questions
Admin
Administrateur du site

Hello! Present yourself here!

Post by Admin »

Hello guys,

I'm Pierre here, 8BCraft maker. I live in Paris in France and I love to make new things.
My main job is a startup called LOMA Innovation that I created with 2 friends, we are working on shape-changing plastic polymers.
I have been working on arcade stations on my spare time for some time, I first did the coffee table, then a few cases for friends, then I started working on the handheld RaspiBoy.

Personnaly I think the coffee table is a lot of fun, when I make an evening at home we always end up playing some crazy games. But as the kit would have been around 400€ I am not sure that it would have been a success on kickstarter. Therefor I found out a much more affordable option which is the handheld!

I first did a prototype that is quite a mess under the cartridge, then when I saw that people liked it I started to work on the final kit!
richard007_1999

Re: Hello! Present yourself here!

Post by richard007_1999 »

Hi.
Names Richaed, currently in the UK. Been playing with raspberry pi for past 4 years.
Also Pi certified.
This is a great project. Already built a pi powered Arcade maxhine, was looking at doing a hand held version then came across your kickstarter.

Very impressed.
buzz

Post by buzz »

i'm buZz, collector of ARM devices that end up in boxes collecting dust :D happy to add raspiboy to it \o/

(k, bit longer)

from netherlands, founding member of local hackerspace ( http://nurdspace.nl/ ) , bughunter as dayjob , dev of some stuff @ https://github.com/buzztiaan , 3d model some stuff @ http://www.thingiverse.com/buZztiaan/designs , way too much videospam @ https://youtube.com/buzztiaan , generalist autodidact ENFP ;)

my most recent portable ARM/linux devices are the PocketCHIP and Zipit Z2 , both quite fun projects, but a bit too versatile for their own good, i think :)
Last edited by buzz on Sun 11 Dec 2016 21:16, edited 3 times in total.
Surfi80

Post by Surfi80 »

Hello I'm Surfi80 and I'm a lover of retro games (that great time) and I also collect handheld devices :D
Stormbringer

Post by Stormbringer »

hi there

i am just a 30 yo passionate gamer from italy.

i loved the project from the get go and couldn't wait to become a backer.

at 25 days or so to the end of the campaign and after raising 45k of the 50k asked i am just so happy to be looking forward for this gem to become a reality :D

see you!
el_toro

Post by el_toro »

Hey There, guys!
Ricky from Italy here.
Retrogamer since i was MUCH younger.
Actually am collecting all sort of retro consoles, and even actual gen ones, of course!
psykokwak

Post by psykokwak »

Hello Sebastien from Courbevoie (just near Paris).
I'm nearly 40 and great fan of video games since my childhood.
I love the idea of the raspiboy, that's why I'm here :)
Can't wait to play with it.
pedrovelho

Post by pedrovelho »

Hi all,

Here is Pedro from Nice region. I did an arcade joystick project once back on the time. I love the idea of playing old games in a social way we were used as childs. I fell very lucky to contribute to this project. I may help you with the software if you need so.

So happy to meet you guys here! ;)

See you,
Pedro
marquitos666

Hi all, from Spain

Post by marquitos666 »

Hi all, this is Marcos from Spain!!! See you here for changing our experience with RasPiBoy project!! Thx
stefer09

Post by stefer09 »

Hi, Stephane from Canada.
I've been using emulation for ever (Nesticle in the 90's!) ... and have been using Retropie on my Raspberry Pi 3 for many months now (6+)