How to put the Triggers/Bumpers in place?

Here is all the tutorials, FAQ and support for RaspiBoy Kit
maurice

How to put the Triggers/Bumpers in place?

Post by maurice »

Is there any know was how to put both halves together and get both triggers in working condition? I tried to put this pretty poor controllerdesign together about 15 times now and always one trigger does not work properly. Any ideas/tips for the assembly?
wayn0r

Re: How to put the Triggers/Bumpers in place?

Post by wayn0r »

youtu.be/AuAiNb14soc
twitter/instagram: wayn0r
wayn0r

Post by wayn0r »

I hope the link I posted was of some use to you, but I'll also take the time to give you my personal experience with these shoulder buttons.

They're pretty much the biggest challenge with this machine. I wouldn't say they're poorly designed at all. The material used to make them left something to be desired, true, but for a device like this where everything has to wedge together the way it does, this works pretty well.

Basically, I've always slowly placed the device in such a way that the top is facing down, and then slowly brought the two sides together. While you can still see inside the device, look in and lightly manipulate the shoulder buttons. Probably one at a time. You might notice that the pins on the buttons that have to match up with the posts on the front of the case weren't lining up, but now that you've slightly pressed the buttons in, they took hold where they need to be.

I hope this helps.

If you have problems with the pins on those shoulder buttons breaking, see my tutorial or contact Pierre.
Alex

Post by Alex »

This is an issue, at least for me; i already broke the pins on 2 of them, now i'm using a grey Right shoulder button as a Left shoulder button on my black raspiboy... The reason why i hesitate now to open it to change the sd card.
wayn0r

Post by wayn0r »

Yeah, if you have the tools you should replace the plastic pins with a small framing nail cut to the same length.
martinv2

Post by martinv2 »

I only could put the two halves together successfully when I placed the bumpers on the contact pads instead with the PCB side lying on the table.