Controller not working on neo geo

Here is all the tutorials, FAQ and support for RaspiBoy Kit
dejawho

Controller not working on neo geo

Post by dejawho »

Hi,
I've followed the tutorial and setup everything. All seems to work and the controller work in the retropie home and with snes games. But on neogeo it seems that no key is taken, or at least the insert coin key and without that I'm not able to start any game. How can I try to configure the controller only for neogeo?
dejawho

Re: Controller not working on neo geo

Post by dejawho »

Mmmm, I had already read that page but I was not able to understend, which emulators is using by default retro pie? I see there are three possibilities.
greavous

Post by greavous »

The splash screen that comes up before loading the ROM will usually tell you which it is and if you press a button while its still onscreen, it will then take you to a menu so you can then choose one in specific. You can check which NeoGeo emulators are actually installed on your Pi in the retropie package management settings. The ROM set you are using will also narrow this down quickly as normally a specific ROM set only works with a specific emulator for MAME/NeoGeo. The fact it loads the games is a good indicator you have the right ROM set for the emulator being used. My guess is that it's using PiFBA but that is just a guess based on the fact its a PI Zero.

I'd recommend taking your question to the retropie forum though buddy as they will be able to assist you best with setting up the software.
dejawho

Post by dejawho »

Thank you, have found a solution that avoid to connect a keyboard or go with ssh. As you said by default it use PiFba, I switched to lr-fba by pressing a key during a game loading. lr-fba is part of libretro so it works with its configuration.
greavous

Post by greavous »

Top stuff