Rasiboy not charging (I think)

Here is all the tutorials, FAQ and support for RaspiBoy Kit
caperer

Rasiboy not charging (I think)

Post by caperer »

I've had my Raspiboy for a while now but was only able to assemble it and so on in the past week. I put some roms on it, and have been really enjoying it. During a bout of GB Tetris today it died, which I have believed was due to the battery being discharged as I hadn't charged it for a while. I plugged it into what I had been using to charge it, a Samsung phone charger, but the Raspiboy no longer appears to be taking charge (it was connected for a couple of hours on this occasion with the power switch in the off position). When connecting the charger, the charging lights light in sequence from left to right and then the left most light comes on and flashes. I have a video of this (the light sequence starts 6 seconds in and the Raspiboy was on its side for the filiming) of this behaviour at https://www.dropbox.com/s/guvcble6cwir8 ... 6.mp4?dl=0. I have no idea if this is correct or not or if I should be waiting longer for it to charge.
dh04000

Re: Rasiboy not charging (I think)

Post by dh04000 »

Have you taken it apart and reassembled it lately? Because that light pattern happens when the battery is plugged in the speaker port and the speaker is plugged in the battery pott. (Personal experience)
caperer

Post by caperer »

Its been apart multiple times before and after this issue, but I was very careful around original installation of speaker vs. battery connector. I was using it in anger when it died, which as I originally stated I assumed was due to lack of power. It may now may be a PCB failure of some sort given the Pi Zero I've removed and tested in isolation and works fine outside of the Raspiboy. Thanks for the input!
caperer

Post by caperer »

I've also tried to operate the Raspiboy with the battery disconnected (mains charge only), as well as with the speaker and gamepad disconnected. The symptoms per my previous post remain.
Admin
Administrateur du site

Post by Admin »

Hi,
It sounds like a hardware issue. I would say that battery had a problem? Please contact me by email for replacement
Pierre