Screen protector?

Present yourself, make suggestions, tell what you think of the project, ask your general questions
ahnfire

Screen protector?

Post by ahnfire »

Is there anything we can use as a screen protector, or is anyone making one?
CleanLivingMD

Re: Screen protector?

Post by CleanLivingMD »

Just got my retrostone and was looking for a tempered glass screen protector. The best I've found are protectors for dslr cameras. Of course they don't give the dimensions of the screen...

2 Pcs Optical Tempered Glass Hard LCD Screen Protector Film Cover Skin for Canon EOS 5D Mark II 5D2 Digital Camera https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MYZOZCO/re ... EBbQ4WBD21

(2-Pack) Canon EOS 77D Tempered Glass Screen Protector, Exuun Optical 9H Hardness 0.3mm Ultra-Thin DSLR Camera Tempered Glass With Top LCD PET Screen Protector Film for Canon 77D https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071ZV943X/re ... EBbP6V9XH6
CleanLivingMD

Post by CleanLivingMD »

This is the one I went with. It's 2.7"x2.0" so there's small gaps on each side but it covers the majority of the screen and it'll keep it from getting scratched in my pocket.

AquaMonica Transparent Screen Protector Film for TI-84 Plus CE Color Edition Graphing Calculator Pack of 3 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XHYVZQF/re ... GBb7MNKF6K
qu1que

Post by qu1que »

Hi!

I've recently buyed this screen protector:

https://www.ebay.es/itm/AirGlass-Protec ... 2749.l2649

It's almost the same measure of the Retrostone screen. You can watch a picture of it installed:
Attachments
photo_2018-11-15_19-47-49.jpg
photo_2018-11-15_19-47-49.jpg (85.87 KiB) Viewed 16037 times
OctavioS

Post by OctavioS »

its loks graet. is it anti glare?
norgei

Post by norgei »

ahnfire wrote: Mon 20 Aug 2018 00:53Is there anything we can use as a screen protector, or is anyone making one?
Hi ahnfire,

I made a custom screen protector, my method is the following ; I bought this universal screen protector (2 mat screen protectors) for 6/7/8" tablets & screens to cut, I took the size and the shape of the RetroStone's screen, I reported the size and the shape on the screen protector, I cut it and put it on the RetroStone's screen, it's all.

Et voila the result in picture :

A perfect screen protector for the RetroStone's screen 8-) .

I give you the exact shape and dimensions of the screen protector for the RetroStone's screen :

Don't cut directly the screen protector with my dimensions (I'm not shure for the 55mm/51mm, may be 54/50mm), test with a sheet of paper, if the shape and the dimensions are exactly the same as the RetroStone's screen, so you can cut the screen protector with this shape & dimensions
RetroStone 1 Clear Red Edition running Supreme RetroStone
RetroStone 2 Pro Clear Blue Edition running Supreme RetroStone
deerwings

Post by deerwings »

This is an excellent post. I was just thinking of doing this exact same thing yesterday with mine. Thank you for the dimensions!
Sakib

Post by Sakib »

Thanks man for the dimension :)
norgei

Post by norgei »

deerwings wrote: Mon 15 Apr 2019 23:24 This is an excellent post. I was just thinking of doing this exact same thing yesterday with mine. Thank you for the dimensions!
Sakib wrote: Tue 16 Apr 2019 15:07 Thanks man for the dimension :)
You are welcome guys ;) . I hope my DIY screen protector can help other people who have a wonderful Retrostone.
RetroStone 1 Clear Red Edition running Supreme RetroStone
RetroStone 2 Pro Clear Blue Edition running Supreme RetroStone
tombaker

Post by tombaker »

Thanks for the post, norgei, I have been looking for something to protect my eyes for a long time, you really helped me. :D