Retrostone problems

Here is all the tutorials, FAQ and support for RetroStone
crippens

Re: boot issues

Post by crippens »

not a partition issue, there is nothing else installed on this sd card as it was a fresh card from the supplier and my second card was formatted correctly.
jutleys

Re: Retrostone problems

Post by jutleys »

jutleys wrote: Wed 29 Aug 2018 20:58 Hi Pierre I was really enjoying my device with beta testing the new full image untill the device has gone dead. I have tried everything I can think off to bring it back to power on but no light showing if I plug in power I tried 5 different chargers there's no life in the unit I even tried disconnected battery and reboot system but no power something has gone wrong somewhere such a shame because I was really starting to enjoy the system now missing it please can you advise me what to do thanks.
Well the weirdest thing has happened and my device has started working again :) what i did do was leave it on charge all night with my ipad charger and in the morning lights 3-4 were lit a good result finally. So if this happens to someone else leave it on charge all night with a beefy charger it should come back to life.
Admin
Administrateur du site

Post by Admin »

Another suggestion,
A backer told me he had lot of crashes/freeze. Then he found that he was using ExFat instead of FAT32 when formating the memory card. Can you please check if that could be your problem?
Admin
Administrateur du site

Post by Admin »

Another suggestion,
A backer told me he had lot of crashes/freeze. Then he found that he was using ExFat instead of FAT32 when formating the memory card. Can you please check if that could be your problem?
zxdunny

Post by zxdunny »

ExFAT causes all sorts of problems, I found. Fat32 is much better.

FWIW - been away this weekend camping and the 'Stone didn't crash once (mine doesn't, at all) and lasted three days on a single charge. Playing GB/MD/PS1 games while the family slept :)
Admin
Administrateur du site

Post by Admin »

@Crippens, could you solve your issue ? Checked that you formated in FAT32 ?
If still not ok, what is your backer/order number?
Admin
Administrateur du site

Post by Admin »

For those who still have those problems, please post there :
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1760
deadl0ck

Post by deadl0ck »

outz wrote: Tue 21 Aug 2018 06:05 ok thanks.

here is the wifi dongle i use. works great w/ my retrostone.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003MTTJOY/
Do you just plug it in and see it as WiFi device under the Configuration->WiFi ?

I have 2 old (like 5+ years) wifi dongles and neither work - I would have though at least one of them would be supported as they are quite old devices