I really wanted to like this thing.....but

Here is all the tutorials, FAQ and support for RetroStone
stepp

I really wanted to like this thing.....but

Post by stepp »

3 SD cards ive tried now, each time they boot with lots of text ( unreadable ) then freeze, or they just flip back to the screen the same as when u boot with no SD card in.

I have re flashed them, reformatted them used DISKPART, each time is different, ive let them sit for over 20 mins a time and nothing....just wont boot into the OS.

Add that to the fact that mine came with the case open on one side ( piss poor quality control ), like something wasn't aligned, some of the screws have been tightened so much that they just spin.

Overall, for something that should be fairly easy to get going its a pain in the arse.

I work in production / assembly, the quality control is poor, the state of the OS is just plain annoying !

Not too happy at the moment.
Admin
Administrateur du site

Re: I really wanted to like this thing.....but

Post by Admin »

Hi,
I just got a another unit back from another backer with unconsistent boot problems. I am checking it to find root problem. It might be a hardware problem.

Please provide me your backer number/order number so I can register you in the bad boot user list. Once it's confirmed what's the problem we'll advise what to do (software fix if possible of replacement of the unit)
stepp

Post by stepp »

Hi

Seems to be hardware as even the slim image dont work, ive tried so many times now.

Backer number is 160

Please advise next step
Admin
Administrateur du site

Post by Admin »

Just a question I forgot to ask : Did you format in FAT32? Formating in ExFAT can give this kind of bugs/crashes.