Questions regarding battery and charging

Here is all the tutorials, FAQ and support for RetroStone
tmuecksch

Questions regarding battery and charging

Post by tmuecksch »

Hey guys,

I got 2 questions:

1. How long is the battery supposed to work? What are your experiences - how long can you play?
2. Is it possible to play while the charger is plugged in?

Best regards
tmuecksch
Archanjelc

Re: Questions regarding battery and charging

Post by Archanjelc »

I am not get good battery life as others have described. it takes more than 6 Hours to fully charge but it lasts just 1 - 2 hrs after that even without playing any games.
Peppuccio

Post by Peppuccio »

i wanna talk about my experience with the battery of the Retrostone

1. the battery is an 3,7v 3000 mah with an duration of 4-5 hours according to the official site of the Retrostone,more less if you use big emulators like 32 and 64 bit(?). I playing at gb,gbc and Nes and the battery life is about 2 hours using an battery charge of Samsung 5v 2a (maybe my battery have any problems?).

2. The answer is yes because is like you using and single board computer, but i don't know if that will corrupt the battery, maybe you needs to remove the battery

I want to make an suggestion fo the developers, create an script fo the retrorange when you can see the status in % of the battery like an phone or tablet.
Admin
Administrateur du site

Post by Admin »

@Peppucio from your other post I tends to think your unit might have hardware problem. Is the ON/OFF switch going all the way to OFF ? I just got back a Retrostone which had a problem with ON/OFF switch where the off switch was not going all the way to off, so the battery was getting empty when the unit was off.

2. Yes you can do it. Actually removing the battery will prevent the system from booting.

The battery manager is stand alone so we can't read it's status out of the box. However I linked the Vbat to the MCP3208 layout. So if you solder it you can use this analog-> digital chip to read Vbat and create such a battery level on screen.
Archanjelc wrote: Thu 6 Sep 2018 20:53 I am not get good battery life as others have described. it takes more than 6 Hours to fully charge but it lasts just 1 - 2 hrs after that even without playing any games.
Are you sure you reach full charge? (LED4 turning ON) Are you using a 5V 2A charger? Even iddle in emulation station you have only 1-2h of battery life?
Peppuccio

Post by Peppuccio »

Yes the button is on OFF and all leds are down
stepp

Post by stepp »

The on off switch is awful, its loose, soldered at an angle and it is not soldered on the top of the pads and is moving when switched....at least on my unit it is.

The main component with wear and tear is the on off switch and this should be solid, i think this will fail on lots of units if this is the quality.