RetroStone boot problem identified

Here is all the tutorials, FAQ and support for RetroStone
Flom

Re: RetroStone boot problem identified

Post by Flom »

Nouvelle image supreme 1.1 installé sur carte reformaté.

Sur 5 démarrage, 3 premiers impek ensuite 1 blackscreen et 1 blackscreen apres le logo rétrostone...
La console est vraiment à peine utilisable...

J'attends un geste et une prise en charge du retour.
Merci.
Admin
Administrateur du site

Post by Admin »

Oui contact moi par email pour l'échanger.
nk02

Post by nk02 »

Bonjour.

J'ai aussi ce problème de boot entre 2 et 4 fois sur 10, image retroorange pi, la supreme 1.1 et maintenant 1.2.

N"étant pas en mesure de faire la modification, serait-il possible d'obtenir un échange ?

Merci.
Flom

Post by Flom »

Salut,

Contact l'administrateur par mail. Pour moi il a accepté. J'ai toujours le problème. Il m'arrive même de devoir la reboot 3fois avant d'avoir un premier boot correct... Pas de chance...

Je vais pas tarder à le recontacter car je la garde jusqu'à la prochaine production pour ne pas rester trop longtemps sans rétrostone, plutôt sympa. Je ne connais pas par contre les conditions de retour. J'espère qu'il prend en charge les frais d'envoi...
Flom

Post by Flom »

Bonjour,

Je viens de recevoir la retrostone (nouvelle production) ! Magnifique, déjà 5 boot et 0 problème, ça ne m'était jamais arrivé avec l'ancienne! Je suis soulagé ! Enfin ! Je vais pouvoir en profiter sereinement et la faire découvrir à mes proches.

Et félicitations à M. Pierre-louis Boyer, pour son professionnalisme et son écoute. Vraiment la grande classe.

J'ai hâte d'essayer la dernière version supreme retrostone, je ne suis qu'en v1.2 pour le moment. A bientôt.
marauder

Post by marauder »

Received a replacement few days ago from the second wave of production.
So far works like a charm, no single boot issue detected!
The problem of quiet sound from the headphones port also seems to be fixed.

Thanks, Pierre, for all the effort you've put to resolve that crappy situation, you didn't give up despite of all hate from some too angry backers! :D
Charon

Post by Charon »

I always thought the boot problem is a software issue. Tried to apply the fix now but I still get a lot of blackscreens. Actually I get more bad boots than normal ones. Also tried 3 different micro SD cards. Using Supreme Retrostone 1.3.
1.jpg
1.jpg (251.57 KiB) Viewed 9410 times
Admin
Administrateur du site

Post by Admin »

Hi,
On your picture I am not sure what has been done on the pcb as it's a bit black.

Can you give me some details on what you have done there?

Is there conductivity between the ground plane and the microSD case? Meaning is there solder touching both the pins of the resistor (connecting them electrically).

If you have just removed the resistor but without replacing it with solder then it's normal that you have even more fail boot.

If you have a multimeter you can use it as ohmmeter to check if you have 0 ohm between ground (you can get GND on some pins on the board) and the SD metal case. If you don't read 0 ohm then it's not good.
Charon

Post by Charon »

Hello,
when I soldered it, there was enough solder that touched both the pins. Didn't remove the resistor but it definitely wasn't black when I soldered it.
I still played with the Retrostone and it kind of looks the solder spread from the resistor.
Sorry I don't own a multimeter so I can't check.
Admin
Administrateur du site

Post by Admin »

And what kind of bad boot do you have? Is it hanging on blue/white screen or do you have black screen/lines of text/freeze/crashes...