how to modify the switch-off time since the low battery led lights up?

Here is all the tutorials, FAQ and support for RetroStone
qu1que

how to modify the switch-off time since the low battery led lights up?

Post by qu1que »

Hi,

I am interested in modifying, if possible, the time since the low battery led is lit until the retrostone is turned off. The problem is that sometimes it has happened to me that the LED turns on and after a few seconds it turns off, with the consequent problem that the micro sd card can be corrupted.

It would be possible to increase that time, making the led turn on before, for example when it detects a slightly higher voltage in the battery to which it is currently configured? That way I would have time to properly turn off the console from the Emulation Station menu.

Thank you!
Admin
Administrateur du site

Re: how to modify the switch-off time since the low battery led lights up?

Post by Admin »

I don't see any easy ways to do this.. It's because the low battery status LED is given by the charging IC, so the voltage setting (3.1V) is internal and can't be modified unfortunately...
The only way I see would be to add a voltage detector to a higher value (3.2 or 3.3V for example) and mod the PCB. But that needs electronic and soldering skills
qu1que

Re: how to modify the switch-off time since the low battery led lights up?

Post by qu1que »

Ok, thanks for the answer. Maybe in the future I will try to install the IC MCP3208, and then try to see the battery level, but I'll wait to see one script that works fine with that purpose. My knowledges on programming are very elemental. And then maybe I will try to install analog joystick too.