stuck in postal hell

Present yourself, make suggestions, tell what you think of the project, ask your general questions
krashknight64

stuck in postal hell

Post by krashknight64 »

My RetroStone has arrived...in the US. Currently, it is stuck in San Francisco being processed. Since August 24th. I know customs can take some time to process, but it feels like it won't get here until December.
Whayle

Re: stuck in postal hell

Post by Whayle »

I'm in exactly the same situation here,...."Your item has been processed through our facility in ISC SAN FRANCISCO (USPS) at 3:36 am on August 24, 2018". I finally sent an inquiry and USPS says it's stuck in customs. There seems to be no way to get status.
Apaphous

Post by Apaphous »

In the same boat here as well. "August 23, 2018 at 6:02 pm Processed Through Facility ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS)"
OctavioS

Post by OctavioS »

Hi guys, just out of curiosity. How much extra have you payed for taxes upon arriving to your country?

Just to give you an idea, in Portugal, I have to pay extra 70€ (around 75USD) to get the hands on my retrostone, with DHL.

I would like to have and idea, especially for European countries, just to get a more clear overview of the differences or similarities within the EU.

Please provide:
The mail company;
Price to pay to customs;
Purchased item (retrostone or raspiboy).

Best regards.

Thank you for your cooperation.
Apaphous

Post by Apaphous »

Hello OctavioS,

I have not received mine yet. However, my understanding for the USA is that not taxes are collected on shipments under $800. Postings from others in the USA who have received there Retrostones do not mention having to pay taxes.

Regards.
OctavioS

Post by OctavioS »

What? These blood suckers here charge taxes starting 22€ packages... That is quite a surprise there... Thank you very much for you answer.