Loading Roms and pictures

Here is all the tutorials, FAQ and support for RetroStone
sambora

Loading Roms and pictures

Post by sambora »

Hello, today I'll get my retrostone.. I would like to know if is it possible load the pictures of the games for every emulators? Thank you
Dahak

Re: Loading Roms and pictures

Post by Dahak »

Yep. It supports the same three scrapes that regular RetroPie does. Because space tends to be an issue though, I recommend using the default scraper (found in the start menu of Emulation Station). You will need an ethernet cable plugged in (or a correctly configure wifi dongle) to use it. You will need to re-scrape some of the duplicate entries (if you have several metal slug games, it's probably going to think they are the same ones initially).

Alternately, if you have a retropie install that already has images scraped via skyscraper or selph, and you have them set to save images in the rom folders, you can copy those, along with the relevant gamelist.xml to the Retrostone to avoid having to scrape at all. But don't copy over videos, or you will very likely crash it.
sambora

Post by sambora »

Ok, thank you very much!
joe22

Post by joe22 »

Hi. I have already roms and pictures but I have just a wifi connection (no dongle, just a rj45 cable). So, is it possible to transfer those roms and pictures manuelly to my retrostone whitout the Destop? If no, where exactly I can put my pictures inside the Destop? Thanks