Controller not detected by Emulation Station

Here is all the tutorials, FAQ and support for RaspiBoy Kit
technofox

Controller not detected by Emulation Station

Post by technofox »

Hi everyone,

I had recently built my Raspiboy, which I absolutely love; however, I have been having a devil of a time trying to figure out why my controller is not being detected every so often when I turn it on. The weird part is, it works great once detected, but sometimes its not detected at all and I have to shutdown and restart the RB to get it to detect the controller. I have researched other posts on this forum; however, none seem to apply to my situation, as this problem is intermittent. When the controller is detected, it works great and very responsive.

Can someone please help me figure out what is going on?

Overall, I am very satisfied with my Raspiboy, but this one issue is some what concerning. I hope I didn't get a defective board :-/
Sakib

Re: Controller not detected by Emulation Station

Post by Sakib »

Hi do you talking about external gamepad ??
technofox

Post by technofox »

Sakib wrote: Wed 3 Apr 2019 19:36 Hi do you talking about external gamepad ??
No, just the internal gamepad. It’s so intermittent that I could turn it on a lot and never experience the problem, while other times it occurs once or twice, and then works fine from then onward.
Sakib

Post by Sakib »

Hi,
Can you check if this video works for you ?
Sakib

Post by Sakib »

Hi can you please check if this video help you ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sucbclYQzxI
Whoody

Post by Whoody »

I'm having the same issue, plus, from a time to now, the internal pad disconnect in the middle of a play and let with the left arrow pressed, something weird. It looks like more of a hardware problem than configuration. I think the video doesn't help us in this case, the issue explained in the video is when you configure more than one controller and the pi go nuts... I insist, not this case
Sakib

Post by Sakib »

Hi i guess we already solved your issue through website ticket ?? If no please create a ticket here with your problem details.
https://www.8bcraft.com/my-tickets/
Thanks.