Problem charging (maybe?)

Here is all the tutorials, FAQ and support for RetroStone
rickreynolds

Problem charging (maybe?)

Post by rickreynolds »

I took my retrostone apart and did the boot fix with R29. Seems to work great!

However, now it seems like it is taking FOREVER to charge. Maybe it isn't charging? I only get the charging LED, no others (it isn't powered on) and it's been plugged in for a few hours this morning.

I had been working on it last night doing some bash coding. I had kept it plugged in during that time. This morning I was doing a little more with it before heading to work and it started flashing the screen indicating low power. So I plugged it in. I've had it here at my desk plugged in for almost 4 hours and it still is just showing the one charging LED.

I'm concerned that I might have goofed something when I took it apart and reassembled so that it isn't charging the battery. When I power it on, it comes up with the low battery LED lit up - again after something like 4 hours of charging time. Is there a linux command I can run to get info from the battery and/or charging system to tell me something more definitive? Is there a common error I might have made when I disassembled/reassembled that seems likely?

Thanks! I really love this portable.
Rick
Sakib

Re: Problem charging (maybe?)

Post by Sakib »

Hi ickreynolds,
Few days ago for one similar charging problem ticket i suggest him to give a overnight charge through another charger and that worked.
Can you please try another charger and give a overnight charge.

Let me know.
Thanks,
Sakib
rickreynolds

Post by rickreynolds »

Thanks - I think I jumped the gun. It eventually did fully charge. It just made me nervous that I was seeing what looked like a problem immediately after I had taken it apart.
Archanjelc

Post by Archanjelc »

What is the approximate time for charging from 0 to full according to you?
Admin
Administrateur du site

Post by Admin »

It should be 6 hours.

With few chargers the charge speed is slower for an unknown reason. Someone reported that his 5V 2.5A charger was giving only 0.3A isntead of 0.7A it usually use when charging. So if you need somethin like 10-15 hours for full charge, I suggest trying another charger.