RaspiBoy RetroPie - Controller Keeps Configuring

Here is all the tutorials, FAQ and support for RetroStone
SamuraiPreacher

RaspiBoy RetroPie - Controller Keeps Configuring

Post by SamuraiPreacher »

Hello, everyone!

I received my RaspiBoy kit yesterday and after some issues (not related to the system), I finally managed to get it put together.

However, when I am booting to RetroPie, it loads directly to the emulation station and asks me to configure my controller. This would be fine, if I haven't already done so around 5-6 times already. When I configure the controller and go to the RetroPie menu, I am trying to configure it to allow me access my ROMs via the Wi-Fi rather than use USB. Whenever I enter one of those menus, however, my controller will not let me exist unless I press the X button. After I do that and it returns me to the RetroPie Configuration Menu, my controller is no longer configured. When I turn the RaspiBoy off and on, it asks me to configure the controller again. I am having some issues with this, as I can't configure anything, or get a new theme for the menu, or get the Wifi working, unless my controller works.

I do have a keyboard I can use, but I would like to use the controller to play my games :-)

If it helps, I do not have any other USB drives or anything like that plugged in.

Thanks!
Admin
Administrateur du site

Re: RaspiBoy RetroPie - Controller Keeps Configuring

Post by Admin »

This has not happenned so far. I think it can be a problem with the gamepad PCB. Have you tried reassemble the kit already?

Have you tried reinstall retropie to rule out software issue?

Do you have the same problem with USB gamepads?
SamuraiPreacher

Post by SamuraiPreacher »

Thanks for the reply!

I have tried reassembling the RaspiBoy, but now it's not even picking up the built in Gamepad, although it does pick up the other USB Gamepad I ordered with it. The odd thing is, when I plugged in the USB Controller, it says there are two of them.

I have reinstalled the image onto the SD Card.

So far, nothing I have done has worked, and I am starting to think the issue is with the PCB.

After reassembling the RaspiBoy multiple times, I still am being prompted to reconfigure the controller at each startup
Mosaeye

Post by Mosaeye »

Hey. Have you solved this problem? I have almost the same thing. I do not know what to do.
Sakib

Post by Sakib »

I suggest you to open a ticket through website.