i've porting around 10 emulators or so, i've decided to release an initial build of it for the Retrostone.
Why make such a CFW when you already have RetrOrangePi ?
Well my Useless CFW is more suited for console use and uses GMenu2x as the GUI.
Each of the emulators are tweaked and made easy to use, as well as looking as good as possible on the crappy composite screen.
Also RetrOrangePi is a glitchy mess.
Here's what you get inside :
- Picodrive (Sega CD/Genesis/32X, upstream port)
- PCSX Rearmed (PSX, upstream port)
- Divi-Dead (Game engine for this old visual novel japanese game)
- VBA Next (GBA emulator, based on libretro core, itself based on VBA-M)
- Gnash (Adobe flash player, Actionscript 2 only)
- SwanEmu (Wonderswan emulator. A fork of libretro beetle wswan, itself a fork of Mednafen)
- NGPCEmu (Neo Geo Pocket emulator. A fork of libretro beetle ngp, itself a fork of Mednafen)
- FCEUX (NES emulator)
- Gnuboy (Game boy emulator)
- SMS Plus GX (Master system, Game Gear, SG-1000 emulator. My improved fork of ekeeke's SMS Plus GX)
- Handy (Atari lynx emulator, fork of libretro handy)
- PokeMini (Pokemon mini emulator)
- Virtual Jaguar (Atari Jaguar emulator)
- SnesEmu (SNES emulator)
If you want to try it on your Retrostone, you can grab it here :
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1kGXmu ... h1EpGTqa4n
You can watch my video demonstrating some of the stuff :
If you want to install it on the sd card, it's the same process as RetrOrangePi, except that you also have to extend manually the FAT32 partition.
On linux, you can do that with Gparted. On Windows, you have to use third party tools.
Oh, and btw unlike RetrOrangePi, there's no emulator which forbids commercial usage so the whole firmware is free to use and open source.
... Except for Picodrive and PocketSNES which you will have to remove if you sell the console.
You can check out my source code here :
Code: Select all
Version 0.32 - Switched to NTFS, which should allow Windows to mount it properly. Boot times might be slightly slower though. (i might do a version using ext2 instead) - Updated Picodrive with newer 32X JIT, allowing for faster 32X emulation. - Added SnesEmu, a libretro snes9x2005 fork. It allows for input remapping and supports save states, SRAM and SRTC. Version 0.31 - Added Ganbare Natsuki-San port. - Updated Handy to fix issues in some games like Roadblaster and Ms.Pacman. - Updated VBA Next to fix an issue with Summon Knights 2 effects not being displayed properly. Version 0.3 - Added Picodrive, PCSX Rearmed and Divi-Dead game interpreter. - Updated SMS Plus GX Port. It can now emulate Block Dude, alibaba and the 4PAK game. - Added back ability to use ethernet port. Nothing uses it still though. Version 0.2 - Turned all emulators into OPK packages. - Greatly improved boot times. - Fixed issues with FCEUX being configured improperly. - PokeMini now saves in the root directory. Version 0.1 Initial version.