Useless CFW for the Retrostone (1)

Present yourself, make suggestions, tell what you think of the project, ask your general questions
geab

Re: Useless CFW for the Retrostone (1)

Post by geab »

thx gameblabla

okay here is what I have been doing

1. diskpart - clean SD partition
2. etcher - flash img

image validated and only D: comes up when re inserting - its not recognized by Win 10 and a request pops up to reformat.
Is that the bug you mentioned?
now I understand I need to extend right? Is that via dispart tool again and will then the 3rd partition show up?

tried to find some more info on extending and got this:

To extend a basic volume using a command line

Open a command prompt and type diskpart.
At the DISKPART prompt, type list volume. Make note of the basic volume you want to extend.

At the DISKPART prompt, type select volume <volumenumber>. This selects the basic volume volumenumber that you want to extend into contiguous, empty space on the same disk.

here is the info I obtain in diskpart

DISKPART list volume

Volume 2 FAT32 Partition 500 MB Healthy System
Volume 3 FAT32 Removable 512 MB Healthy
geab

Post by geab »

Could get the E-drive up by running free MiniTool partition and changing the drive letter from * to E

now the drive is up and I have transferred the first gba rom to the FAT 32 partition on E:. Could find it with the GBA emulator, start it but seems to stop with an error.
The error code is quite small :-) is there a log file?

Cheers, Gernot
Attachments
sd cfw.JPG
sd cfw.JPG (61.28 KiB) Viewed 10996 times
sd card 2.JPG
sd card 2.JPG (15.11 KiB) Viewed 10996 times
geab

Post by geab »

YEAAAH - worked with a NES & GBA rom

Great JOB gameblabla !!!!

:D :lol: :lol: :P :x :lol:
gameblabla

Post by gameblabla »

Windows 10 since the Creator's Update should support the mounting of removable media with multiple partitions so it sounds like you're using a release of Windows 10 prior to that.
The trick that you used here also works for Windows 7 but it's still not as ideal.

I hope i can look into adding support for USB sticks because i feel like this can still be an issue. I really hate Microsoft.
celco

Post by celco »

Many thanks gameblabla for this great work.
Some questions/issues I have (might be me doing something wrong).
I managed to startup your nice CFW and see the emulators and so on. I extended the FAR32 partition and copied several roms from different emulators. When I launch the NES emulator I have to search manually for the nes roms (I think this is normal not?). I found my roms back in the root partition and select one. The emulator flash 1 second and comes back to the list of roms. I have this with all the emulators. So no any game is working for me.
Also when I change the wallpaper and screen timeout settings these settings are not saved.
Am I doing something wrong?
Many thanks and keep on going with your great work
jutleys

Post by jutleys »

Any new updates here just flashed on my retrostone :)
geab

Post by geab »

@gameblabla you mentioned a guide how to generate opk package for other emulators.

Cheers
Famla

Post by Famla »

Hi,

Atari Jaguar didn't work. Do I need a Bios? File Extension .jag?

Thank You!

Stefan
gameblabla

Post by gameblabla »

Famla wrote: Sun 7 Jul 2019 13:00 Hi,
Atari Jaguar didn't work. Do I need a Bios? File Extension .jag?
Thank You!
Stefan
Not all games will work (Raiden and the likes). Also only no intro roms will work and yes, use the jag extension.
geab wrote: Thu 4 Jul 2019 21:14 @gameblabla you mentioned a guide how to generate opk package for other emulators.
Cheers
Now you completely misunderstood me when i said that. I said i was going to make a guide for developers to show them how to compile & generate packages for my CFW, not quite the same.

Also guys, no updates so far. I've worked a bit on redoing PocketSNES 1.43 but it sounds like it's going to take some time before it works lel...
geab

Post by geab »

@gameblabla

[/quote]Now you completely misunderstood me when i said that. I said i was going to make a guide for developers to show them how to compile & generate packages for my CFW, not quite the same.[/quote]

when I understand you correctly :roll: thats exactly what I would like to learn - how to make a package of the PS1 emulator for your CFW