Update 12 : Gamepad module found!

Admin
Administrateur du site

Update 12 : Gamepad module found!

Post by Admin »

Hey guys,

So after all I found the right manufacturer for the gamepad module!

And the good news is that it will come with both color set for the A B X and Y buttons, so you will be able to choose the color you want. It will also come with black color L and R buttons, so if you took the black Raspiboy it will be better!

So I had to make few adjustments for this gamepad module, for example the PCB is holding with plastic pins, so I needed to add them on the 3D model :

So I also made some adjustments with this new prototype, I added some strength to the screw pins like this :

So it will be more durable and will be less likely to break.

The mold maker also advised me to changed a little thing, the plastic pins where the pi zero is inserted need some modifications. It was like this :

The problem is that in injection molding you should not make pins/parts on the inside of the casing with a width superior to the thickness of the casing. Because if you do so it will bend the casing of the injected parts. So in this version there is a 6mm diameter cylinder and the casing is only 2mm thick. So I replaced them with crosses :

So now everything seems fine... Until I noticed there was something odd with the A B X Y buttons :

There are not flat, they Lean a little bit and they don't click very well, especially the A and B. What the...?

There was one thing I did not noticed before ordering this new prototype, it's that the A B X Y buttons on this gamepad module are not exactly the same position, and so the silicone pad witht the conductive pads clicking are not exactly at the right position, making buttons fit akwardly!

See in this picture without the color plastic buttons, we can see that the silicon pads and the plastic casing holes does not align perfectly! So I had to modify a little bit the 3D model.

So well I'll just make another 3D printed case to double check and then go for the mold!

PS: also a picture of how the silicone pad of A B X Y buttons fit in the casing :