Background noise speaker

Please check here for help solving common issues.
Admin
Administrateur du site

Re: Background noise speaker

Post by Admin »

I have not noticed this issue on my side yet. I ha It may indeed be interferences. In which case adding a shielding layer could solve the issue.

I just tried on the units I have, and can hear static sound from the speaker only when sticking the speaker directly to my hear. Then I can hear a very light white noise. But I really need to be less than 2 cm away from the speaker. So maybe that's not what you'r experiencing (or maybe my ears are not so good lol).

If you want to try to add a shielding, I would suggest using aluminium foil covered by plastic tape to prevent electrical conductivity.
Marco Verhoeven

Post by Marco Verhoeven »

Well i tried making a shield with tape and aluminum foil but nothing works. Also when i start the RS2 when opened up and place something really thick between the speaker and board doesn’t do anything. When playing a game i don’t notice it so it’s not very loud but it’s there.

Is the speaker from the RS1 the same so that i can switch just to see if it’s better?
Edit: the speaker from the RS1 has a different connection.
Admin
Administrateur du site

Post by Admin »

Yes the speaker from the RSN1 is the same but not the same connector.
It may be the speaker itself which is not perfect. You can ask for a replacement by ticket if that annoys you and we'll ship you one.
Marco Verhoeven

Post by Marco Verhoeven »

Ok, i made a ticket. I think it’s the speaker because with headphone it’s perfect.
thkrmr

Post by thkrmr »

So is there any solution to the white noise from the speaker? Even when the volume is turned down completely I can hear the white noise way farther than 2cm.
Retro-Arcade GX

Post by Retro-Arcade GX »

Moi aussi, j'ai un problème de son de bourdonnement.
lordpayder

Post by lordpayder »

thkrmr wrote: Sun 9 Feb 2020 01:39 So is there any solution to the white noise from the speaker? Even when the volume is turned down completely I can hear the white noise way farther than 2cm.
Received my Retrostone2 today, same issue.
Sakib

Post by Sakib »

Please open ticket with your problem in website , so we can create replacment speaker order for you.
MadModder

Post by MadModder »

Me and my friend both have a buzzy background noise from the speaker all the time on both our devices. It's there even when the volume knob is turned down to zero, and the system sound settings volume is set to 0%. Makes no difference.
It gets even louder when a headphone is plugged in.
And the noise changes characterisitcs depending on what is shown on screen.
If it is quiet in the room it can be heard from a meter away.
That must be some issue with the amplifier circuit?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqYc8sRmoW4
(Turn up the volume)
Sakib

Post by Sakib »

Hi OPen a ticket in website please ...