Problem charging (maybe?)

Here is all the tutorials, FAQ and support for RetroStone
rickreynolds

Problem charging (maybe?)

Post by rickreynolds » Mon 15 Apr 2019 19:45

I took my retrostone apart and did the boot fix with R29. Seems to work great!

However, now it seems like it is taking FOREVER to charge. Maybe it isn't charging? I only get the charging LED, no others (it isn't powered on) and it's been plugged in for a few hours this morning.

I had been working on it last night doing some bash coding. I had kept it plugged in during that time. This morning I was doing a little more with it before heading to work and it started flashing the screen indicating low power. So I plugged it in. I've had it here at my desk plugged in for almost 4 hours and it still is just showing the one charging LED.

I'm concerned that I might have goofed something when I took it apart and reassembled so that it isn't charging the battery. When I power it on, it comes up with the low battery LED lit up - again after something like 4 hours of charging time. Is there a linux command I can run to get info from the battery and/or charging system to tell me something more definitive? Is there a common error I might have made when I disassembled/reassembled that seems likely?

Thanks! I really love this portable.
Rick

Sakib

Re: Problem charging (maybe?)

Post by Sakib » Tue 16 Apr 2019 14:57

Hi ickreynolds,
Few days ago for one similar charging problem ticket i suggest him to give a overnight charge through another charger and that worked.
Can you please try another charger and give a overnight charge.

Let me know.
Thanks,
Sakib

rickreynolds

Re: Problem charging (maybe?)

Post by rickreynolds » Tue 16 Apr 2019 16:37

Thanks - I think I jumped the gun. It eventually did fully charge. It just made me nervous that I was seeing what looked like a problem immediately after I had taken it apart.