Sometimes gamepad not detected

Here is all the tutorials, FAQ and support for RaspiBoy Kit
Whoody

Sometimes gamepad not detected

Post by Whoody »

Hello everyone,
I'm having troubles with the gamepad. Sometimes when I turn on the raspi, it doesn't detect the gamepad and I have to turn it off without shutdown the system. When I turn it on again, the gamepad usually start working like nothing had happens, but I'm worry of that doing this over and over again, will damaged the sd card or the pi, and it happens many times.
Also I'm experince problems with some games too since this gamepad problem. All with snes games. From this time, Super castlevania IV don't save states, in Mario All star, All is working Still I launch a game, where the gamepad stop working in game, but I can access to the emulator menu. In super metroid, I can save states only to some point, From there, don't save it more. All this games work well before the problem of the gamepad.

Anyone having same issue?
Thanks in advance.
Admin
Administrateur du site

Re: Sometimes gamepad not detected

Post by Admin »

Hi!
Have you tried to disconnect/ reconnect gamepad PCB once since you spotted this problem?

If so it sounds like the gamepad PCB is defective as sometime it disconnect. Please contact me by email for replacement.

However about some game problems I think it is not because of the gamepad problem. Mario allstar problem is software issue :

https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/view ... 78&t=79083

"just to use the libretro-Snes9x-next core as this doesn't have any problems with All-Stars and it has better sound/performance for snes games.

If your using Retropie press 'x' when you load up the game and change the core."
Whoody

Post by Whoody »

Hello,

Thanks for the reply and sorry, I didn't use the raspi very much since a time, I didn't have time for.

The Issue with the controller seems to happen less, and only when the raspi is low on power, maybe is the problem, I don't think neccesary to replace it by the moment, but thank you very much for the offer, I contact you if it fail at all.

In the case of the snes problems, I tried the 3 emulators installed, And with one of them, I can play Mario all stars, but terrible lagging, unplayable. I'm going to try another romset, but also having problems with game boy advance emulator, it doesn't play no games at all, and I'm talking about roms that was tested in another raspberry pi, and in a gameboy micro, and allways work. Again, I'll try another romset, but I'm starting to think that the problem is the raspberry pi zero, that can't move many games... I don't know.

I keep trying different things.

Greetings!
Whoody

Post by Whoody »

Hello there,

I played more with the raspi (almost every day) and testing the game pad problem, I still having issues.

Now what's happens is when playing for a time, the gamepad disconnect and the directional pad let with the left arrow pressed, but blocked, it doesn't work, I must turn the console off by the power button. It happens whatever the game or plattform, I discard software or emulation problem.
It happens from time to time, but recently more often, two off of three times or so. I think it's starting to real fail, your offer still there? I bought the raspi a year ago or some, can I contact you by email and find a solution?

Thanks in advance
Sakib

Post by Sakib »

Hi i guess we already solved your issue through website ticket ?? If no please create a ticket here with your problem details.
https://www.8bcraft.com/my-tickets/
Thanks.