Retrostone 2 without wifi?

Present yourself, make suggestions, tell what you think of the project, ask your general questions
Faenon

Retrostone 2 without wifi?

Post by Faenon »

So I saw someone had asked about this on the original Kickstarter page, but I didn't see a reply there.

Basically I'm really interested in getting a Retrostone 2 to play my old GBA games, but the problem is I have an internet addiction, so I have to limit which of my personal devices can use the internet?

1. Can Retrostone 2 surf the internet out of the box?

2. If it can, is there any way of permanently disabling the wifi on Retrostone or ordering one without wifi? I guess I could take it apart and take out the wifi chip?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Sakib

Re: Retrostone 2 without wifi?

Post by Sakib »

This wifi is not that strong that you can use it for surfing internet ... its mainly a gaming device so if you dont enable the desktop version ... you cant use it for surfing
Faenon

Post by Faenon »

Sakib wrote: Sun 28 Mar 2021 18:40 This wifi is not that strong that you can use it for surfing internet ... its mainly a gaming device so if you dont enable the desktop version ... you cant use it for surfing
Thanks. What do you mean by 'enable the desktop version'? Do you mean plugging an ethernet cable, monitor, mouse and keyboard into it?
Sakib

Post by Sakib »

No , there is desktop mode , where you can connect mouse and browse internet ... also as everything small its better to use desktop mode with a monitor if you really want to browse internet. So i think built in wifi should not be an issue to your internet addiction.
julliemak

Post by julliemak »

This wifi isn't that solid that you can utilize it for riding web ... its mostly a gaming gadget so if you dont empower the work area form ... you cannot utilize it for surfing: nether portal