Transfert ROMs

Here is all the tutorials, FAQ and know-how
Admin
Administrateur du site

Transfert ROMs

Post by Admin »

You need to copy the ROMs to the SD folders /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/<system name>/

You have several possibilities :

From windows computer to the SD card directly :
As you will see, once you flash the SD card, your windows computer will not be able to open it anymore. It's because linux use Ext4 file format, which windows cannot read natively.

You can use a program to be able to read the SD card anyway. You can use
- ParagonFS (I used the trial version and it still works). With this software, your SD will appear automatically. But you must dismount the SD card from the software interface manually or the changes can be lost (the roms you copied will not be copied)
- Or a backer also advised Ext2Fsd https://sourceforge.net/projects/ext2fs ... t/download but I have not tested it myself.

Then you can access to your SD card and copy the roms directly inside the SD.

From windows computer by network :
- connect RetroStone2 to your network with Ethernet
- Check the RetroStone2 ip address in "retropie" configuration.
- On your windows computer open the file explorer and type the ip like this : \\XXX.XXX.XXX.XX
- You should then access the RetroStone2 folders, and go to /home/pi/RetroPie/roms folder

From the RetroStone2 linux desktop:

- Copy the roms to your USB stick from your computer.
- Start your RetroStone2, go to the emulator "Retropie" select "Retrorangepi" then "Armbian desktop". It will open the desktop. Please note that pressing "start" "Desktop" currently doesn't work.
- Connect your USB stick
- Open the file browser and copy/paste your roms to the correct folders.
- push on/off button to reboot.

From the RetroStone2 EmulationStation directly:
- Copy the roms to your USB stick from your computer.
- Start your RetroStone2, go to the emulator "Retropie" select "Retrorangepi" there you have a "copy rom" tool that let you automatically import roms from a USB stick.
maximilianvoss

Re: Transfert ROMs

Post by maximilianvoss »

As an idea, you can also use a small tool I wrote: https://github.com/maximilianvoss/romfetcher
It helps downloading ROMs from various sites directly on your Retrostone