Issue reading m.2 SSD card RS2 PRO

Please check here for help solving common issues.
solar47

Issue reading m.2 SSD card RS2 PRO

Post by solar47 »

Hello,

I posted this on the orangpie forum but have not heard anything for a few days so I thought maybe I should post it here as it has to do with hardware.

I am having issues with my m.2 SSD. It is not showing up at all in df or sudo disk -l it looks like it is showing as /dev/sda. It is brand new I am assuming it needs to be formatted maybe? I tried following the github guide for using USB for retrorangepie but I receive an error having to do with not being found in /etc/fstab.

How I can get this mounted? Is there a guide somewhere for installing the m.2 ssd and getting it set up for the retrostone 2 pro specifically?

I have very little experience with Linux systems and cannot find any kind of guide.

I appreciate any help.

Thanks
solar47

Re: Issue reading m.2 SSD card RS2 PRO

Post by solar47 »

posting again here what I posted on orangpie forum. Still cannot figure out how to get the emulator menu to boot roms off SSD

Ok i figured it out why it wasnt reading my ssd. I had to get a caddy and format it as the drive was not allocated.

However, I am still having issues with moving my ROMS over to it and having retropie see them. I followed the USB github instructions but my SSD disapeared after so I had to reflash.

If the SSD is showing lets say as /dev/sda1 in desktop mode. What are the terminal commands to point my roms to that drive?