"I have received mine" thread

Present yourself, make suggestions, tell what you think of the project, ask your general questions
RetroJack

"I have received mine" thread

Post by RetroJack »

would those who have received their raspiboy care to tell us and share their first impressions?
screech

Re: "I have received mine" thread

Post by screech »

Just received mine ;)

Trying to install Recalbox 4.1 on it ;)

Will tell you if it works ^^
leathco

Post by leathco »

Did you order from Kickstarter or 8Bcraft website?
laadam

Post by laadam »

I received my Kickstarter backed bundle. Looks good, aside from the wrong battery, it went together rather easyily. Having issues with my retropie build so have not got it running yet
Last edited by laadam on Fri 18 Aug 2017 21:22, edited 1 time in total.
screech

Post by screech »

Early bider on Kickstarter ;)

(And Recalbox works great ;) I'll do a Tuto ^^)
laadam

Post by laadam »

Received from Kickstarter.

First impressions are good except for wrong battery but the smaller one is nice and light.

Having issues getting my retropie build to work but that's user error I'm sure
Last edited by laadam on Fri 18 Aug 2017 21:22, edited 1 time in total.
leathco

Post by leathco »

Sounds great! I ordered mine from here (order number 366 back in May, so I am guessing Pierre has sold quite a few from this site after the Kickstarter!) No tracking number yet, but looking at the Kickstarter comments it looks like there's at least 500 shipped units that haven't had the tracking numbers mailed out yet, so I'm waiting patiently while eating up all the info I can. Would love to see a video on Recalbox on the Pi, curious what made you go with it over Retropie.

EDIT: Got a tracking number now, woo! Looks like mine is preparing to leave China as of the 15th, so I am guessing I will get it in a couple weeks.
pickle67

Post by pickle67 »

Got mine. Booted first time, but it isn't detecting any button presses. I will troubleshoot it later.
Admin
Administrateur du site

Post by Admin »

First order number by default on woocommerce is about 330 so in fact you'r one of the first after-kickstarter backer.

If you have any trouble with your kit, please send me an email at hello@8bcraft.com because I'm getting messages from everywhere it's hard to deal with them!
leathco

Post by leathco »

Admin wrote:If you have any trouble with your kit, please send me an email at hello@8bcraft.com because I'm getting messages from everywhere it's hard to deal with them!
I'm pretty good with electronics so hopefully I won't have to bug ya once I get mine. You've done a fantastic job with all the updates and getting this thing out. Thanks for all you have done!