Charging problem ?? (VERY HOT + two last leds + no boot when charging...)

Present yourself, make suggestions, tell what you think of the project, ask your general questions
Yamiikage

Charging problem ?? (VERY HOT + two last leds + no boot when charging...)

Post by Yamiikage »

Hi there !

Nice to meet you (first of all... ^^" ).

I'm here because I've a problem. I've bought a raspiboy kit 6000 mAh, and i've some issue.

I've connected it to a usb charger, and fastly i've a lot of heat right uppster the left trigger.... I've disassembled it and it appears that the heat sing at the bottom of the 8bitcraft PCB is overheating. So I've done some research. My voltage on the charger is ok (4.75v) and my 8BitCraft PCB is a 1.3 version.

Plus: my console doesn't boot even if it's charging (it's said on the website->store->pcb item page that it CAN boot up if it's charging at the same time), it smell litterally the hot electronics and it's always with the two last leds ON. No switch between the One Led Mode and the Two Led Mode.

Is my PCB dead? after only 24 hours??? :(

Hope not... If anyone can answer me, thanks by advance.

Yamiikage (France)
Admin
Administrateur du site

Re: Charging problem ?? (VERY HOT + two last leds + no boot when charging...)

Post by Admin »

I think your board has a defect, please contact me by email for replacement : hello@8bcraft.com
Blouze

Post by Blouze »

Hi Pierre, I'm having literally the exact same problem with the replacement board you sent me a month ago: same battery, last two led on a few seconds after charge starts, same overheating.

Is the battery compatible? Could it be I received two boards with the same defect?

Thx
Admin
Administrateur du site

Post by Admin »

Hi,
What was the first problem you had? Was it the same problem as described by yamiikage?
Double defect are unlickely but not impossible. Or maybe it's the battery which has a problem.
Can you contact me by email with our email history so I can remember the initial problem?
srgvillatoro

Post by srgvillatoro »

Hi,
I had the same problem that Yamiikage, Pierre, I have sent you an email, hope you have good news for me soon...

thnks
Admin
Administrateur du site

Post by Admin »

I should have replied you yet, let me know if I did not