Need help with GBA emulators

Present yourself, make suggestions, tell what you think of the project, ask your general questions
RDClip

Need help with GBA emulators

Post by RDClip »

So I just got my Raspiboy and I wanted to play some Golden Sun. I have two issues.

1)On lr-gpsp, I can't save. I can't load the save I had from my Raspberry Pi 3 and I can't save in-game. It gives me the error "Unable to detect backup memory" when I try to save in-game.
2)On lr-mgba, I can load my file from RP3 and save in-game, but the game runs really slow.

So, is there a way I can get lr-gpsp to save and load properly (and can I use the save file from my RP3 which is using the lr-mgba emulator) or can I somehow change the settings to get the RPzero to run lr-mgba well? Or is there any other emulator that works better? Those 2 seem to be the only options I have when I go into the game setup menu before the game boots.
Admin
Administrateur du site

Re: Need help with GBA emulators

Post by Admin »

I already had such problem when I tried to play this game. I could not save my game.
I think it's likely to be a problem with the pi zero or the emulator. If you find the solution please share it there !
RDClip

Re: Need help with GBA emulators

Post by RDClip »

I finally got it working somewhat. I downloaded the gpsp emulator from the retropie setup menu and it seems to work fine. The only problem is that it doesn't use retroarch controls, so you have to set them up in the emulator and you have to go into the emulator menu to use savestates. So far, it seems to be working fine. I can save in-game and use the saves from my rp3 that uses the lr-mgba emulator.