Alternate Operating Systems?

Present yourself, make suggestions, tell what you think of the project, ask your general questions
Snow7L

Alternate Operating Systems?

Post by Snow7L »

I was curious what other operating systems the RetroStone supports. I remember the kickstarter campaign page said it supported some Android operating systems... Could anyone give me a recommendation for one of those specifically?

I ask as I'm looking for a way to export games from Unity to the RetroStone. Turns out it doesn't export games for linux ARM systems, so I'm looking for alternatives. It does export apks, so it may work to try an Android operating system.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Admin
Administrateur du site

Re: Alternate Operating Systems?

Post by Admin »

Hello!
Currently there are no android images specially built for retrostone. However if you use orangepi pc + image it should work out of the boxe as it's mostly hardware compatible.

The only thing is the LCD it will not be enabled by default I think. Usually the default is HDMI. So you would need to enable it. I don't know how to do it though. On armbian there is a config file called script.bin in which you can set this parameter. On Android it may be something similar.

http://www.orangepi.org/downloadresources/
albpara

Re: Alternate Operating Systems?

Post by albpara »

I am trying something similar... how could be possible that there is no support from your side to enable de LCD?