Hello! Present yourself here!

Present yourself, make suggestions, tell what you think of the project, ask your general questions
Bionder

Re: Hello! Present yourself here!

Post by Bionder »

Hey everyone, i'm Ivo Santos from Portugal.

I'm on my 30's and gladly lived and experienced the great age of videogaming. This will be my first experience with raspberry pi, can't wait to have the handheld in my hands.
tastysandwich

Post by tastysandwich »

Hello everyone my name is Aaric from the U.S. I have been interested in the pi since release, and have always wanted to make something like this, but I never was too creative with case design. I have been looking to purchase or make a handheld like this for quite some time, and this kickstarter looked great. Congrats on reaching your goal today and I look forward to release.
screech

Post by screech »

Hi, I'm Screech from Rennes in France.

I am the developper of Universal XML Scraper, an administrator of the Screenscraper DB.
And I'm very into the RecalboxOS and Retropie

If you have any question about emulation, or scrape on PI 0 don't hesitate to ask ;)

And congratulation for this very nice project, respectfull of software licence (it's really rare) and very complete for a very good price ;)
Alex

Post by Alex »

Hi, Alex from Paris !
Like most of you i wanted to make something by myself but too lazy and too busy to go into it, so i'm very pleased to see this project has been funded ! The little time i manage to spare is spent fine tuning retrogaming frontends and platform like Pi2 and PCs, but i barely have time to play :) Hopefully this will soon change !
alcaina7

Post by alcaina7 »

Hi, alcaina7 from Spain!

I want to order 'complete kit + ultimate battery' but im not 100% sure about how. I have to fund the project with (82€ total kit + send to spain) + 12€ for the battery upgrade = 94€ in total? And how you know i want the battery upgrade?

Thanks.
Admin
Administrateur du site

Post by Admin »

Hi Alcaina,
Yes it is like this. At the end of kickstarter I will send you a survey to ask you shipping address and upgrades pledged for.
Thank you for backing and welcome :)
leathco

Post by leathco »

Hello, I am Leathco from the United States. I've used the Raspberry Pi series for gaming since the first came out, and currently use a Pi 3 with an 8BitDo NES30 Pro controller and a 128 GB Micro SD.

I've wanted to build a handheld gaming Pi rig for a couple years, but I don't have a lot of soldering experience and the PiGrrl line seemed pretty expensive for the parts. This looks like a much better solution, easier to build, room to customize down the road if wanted, and the unit looks well designed. It sort of reminds me of the 2DS.

I especially like the thought put into the USB hub, as that not only makes ROM installation easier, but also makes it possible to plug in a WiFi stick or a Bluetooth stick. I could see using Bluetooth and HDMI output with an NES30Pro for two player instead of wired controllers, or installing KODI and having a server for media while using TV Out for movies and television as well when not gaming. The design looks well thought and it looks like it will be a rather versatile setup once completed.

This is only the second time I have backed a Kickstarter, the last one I backed was the iControlpad 2 (which never shipped, was given the choice of a 20 dollar refund for an 80 dollar purchase or an iControlpad 1 instead, was pretty ticked off), really hoping this project succeeds and ships on time! I'm looking forward to finally getting my Raspberry Pi Handheld built around April if everything works out!
Geeky

Post by Geeky »

Hi I'm Julian! I live in Montreal, Canada. I speak French and English. I am very new to Raspberry Pi and decided to choose the Raspi Boy because of the price and how the setup is easy. I am a huge fan of all types of video games (especially retro games!). Pierre thanks so much for creating this project! I am going to have tons of fun with this handheld. I can't wait! :)
EMaDeLoC

Post by EMaDeLoC »

Hello, Carlos from Spain!

I like DIY projects and I'm building a Pi 3 handheld that I think it will look more like a Mad Max car than a handheld system ^_^U
So I see this project and I couldn't resist to support it, because Raspi Boy looks awesome! :D
Thepifanatic

Post by Thepifanatic »

Liam from Texas.
This kit is awesome because my parents won’t let me get anywhere near a soldering iron.
so most other kits are out of the question!
Thanks